How are NAÏF’s products developed?
All NAÏF products are developed by experts: a renowned Swiss lab, expert formulators, general practitioners, dermatologists and many parents.
Are there any risks in using NAÏF’s products?
No, there are no risks involved. All products have been dermatologically tested for allergenic properties. However, there is always a possibility that certain individuals may experience unexpected reactions. In case of this, please consult your GP.
Who should use NAÏF’s products?
Our products have been developed for newborns and toddlers, who have the most delicate and sensitive skin. They are hence suitable for all ages, including parents and grandparents!
Which products are suitable for newborns?
All NAÏF products are gentle enough to use on newborns. We recommend our oils and creams for cleansing and moisturising the youngest babies during the first months. When they grow older, they can use our cleansing wash gel, softening body lotion and nourishing shampoo. If you or your child has severe allergies or eczema, we advise you to consult your GP before using any new type of skin product.
Are NAÏF’s products different from other “natural” products like those found in other personal care lines?
Yes! The term ‘natural’ is used very loosely today, especially in the case of personal care products. Many companies use petroleum-based ingredients like mineral oil, chemical additives and preservatives, but call their products ‘natural’ because they add a few botanical extracts. NAÏF is different. We do not use cheap fillers, mineral oil or chemical preservatives. We also place key focus on extensive research conducted in our Swiss lab to choose only top quality, natural ingredients that are best for delicate baby skin.
Why should I use NAÏF’s products on my baby?
NAÏF’s products are developed specially for baby’s delicate skin. Babies have different skin care needs than adults for several reasons:
- At birth, the baby skin does not yet have a protective acidic layer and is nearly perfectly pH neutral.
- The epidermis or outer layer of baby skin is 20-30% thinner and therefore less resilient than adult skin.
- Infant skin both absorbs and loses moisture more quickly than adult skin.
- Infant skin can be more susceptible to infection, as it has not yet fully developed the defences to protect itself from certain bacteria. Babies also do not have fully effective immune systems to fight off infection.
- Babies have reduced sweating capability, compared to normal adults. This affects their ability to reduce body temperature through sweating, which may affect body processes and contribute to rashes.
NAÏF’s products ensure the comfort of healthy skin for your little one. Developed for normal baby skin, sensitive skin and those with atopic skin tendencies, you can be confident that NAÏF will have the products you need that are both safe and effective to care for your baby.