What ingredients does NAÏF use?
NAÏF’s products contain only the best natural ingredients that have healing and nurturing properties for delicate baby skin. All our ingredients are carefully selected to minimize the risk of allergenic reactions or toxicological risks.
- Cottonseed Oil: Moisturizing oil that helps the skin retain moisture. Has anti-aging and sun-protective properties. It resists up to 30% of UV rays. Rich in vitamin E, palmitic acid, oleic acid and linoleum acid.
- Sweet Almond Oil: Softening and nourishing oil made from almonds
- Avocado Oil: Nurturing oil easily absorbed by the skin. Prevents skin irritations and hair from becoming dry. Rich in Vitamin A, B1, B2, D and E.
- Macadamia Oil: Nourishing oil with sun protective, anti-inflammatory properties. Has a healing effect on damaged skin.
- Bisabolol: Calming ingredient originating from Chamomile that helps soothe and calm skin.
- Hydrolysed Wheat Protein Powder (gluten free): Naturally derived from wheat and has properties that hydrate and improve skin’s moisture content of the skin. Is also used in hair care products to improve overall hair strength and make hair more manageable.
- Sucrose Stearate: Unique, natural, PEG free non-ionic emulsifier with exceptional skin-feel and mildness to skin and eyes. Also approved for use in the food industry.
- Tocopherol: Natural antioxidant
Which ingredients does NAÏF avoid?
NAÏF does not use any potentially harmful or irritating ingredients that are regularly used in many other skincare products, including baby products.
Questionable ingredients that NAÏF avoids are (not extensively):
- Mineral Oil: Also known as petroleum oil. It forms a layer on the skin that will clog pores and block moisture and oxygen circulation.
- SLS/SLES: A synthetic substance that is used in shampoos for its detergent and foam-building abilities. It can cause eye irritations, skin rashes, hair loss, scalp scurf similar to dandruff, and allergic reactions.
- PEG compounds: Used in many cosmetic cream and oil bases. Can be contaminated with 1,4-dioxane. Also related to chemical propylene glycol and other ingredients with the letters “eth” (e.g. polyethylene glycol).
- BHA/BHT: Used mainly in moisturisers and makeup as preservatives. It can cause skin irritations and is a suspected endocrine disruptor. It is also harmful to the environment.
- Triclosan: Can cause skin irritations, is an endocrine disruptor, and affects thyroid hormone-associated gene expression. It is harmful to the environment.
- Chemical preservatives such as Parabens, Phenoxyethanol:Endocrine disruptors possibly linked to breast and ovarian cancer. Can cause skin and eye irritations and is harmful to the environment.
- Allergenic perfumes
- Essential Oils: contain allergens that can cause allergic reactions.
Read the article on which 100 ingredients to avoid in cosmetics here.
Are NAÏF’s products tested on animals?
No. NAÏF does not test any of her products on animals. As a fact, animal testing for cosmetics has been completely banned by the European Union since 2009.
Does NAÏF use chemical preservatives?
No. NAÏF products are 100% free of chemical preservatives.
I see “fragrance” listed on the label. What is the source of this fragrance?
NAÏF uses a specially developed allergy-free and phthalate-free fragrance. As babies have very sensitive skin, NAÏF prefers this allergy-free fragrance over natural perfumes such as essential oils, which may cause an increased risk of allergic reactions.